VejiBAG - Keep Vegetables Fresh Much Longer | (Come in 3 Sizes)
Link to Bee's Wraps
Keep your vegetables fresh twice as long, or longer, in your refrigerator, with 100% organic cotton Vejibags!
- You can mix all types of vegetables together in one bag.
- Vejibags come in three sizes: Standard, Large and Extra Large.
- Bags are reusable, machine washable and last for years. Made from 100% organic cotton.
Why plastic bags don't keep veggies fresh:
In plastic bags the trapped ethylene gas that vegetables naturally give off causes veggies to get slimy and age rapidly.
And, the refrigerator pulls moisture out of everything (that's its job, it's an air conditioner) so if you leave veggies in the fridge without a bag, they get dried out very quickly.
- The dampened bags create their own humid environment for your veggies in the refrigerator (you know how they're always "misting" the veggies at markets -- vegetables need moisture after they've been picked, it keeps them perky and crisp!)
Because Vejibags are made from fabric (organic cotton terry) they have many tiny little holes that allow the ethylene gas the veggies in them naturally produce to escape the bag.
- The combination of these two aspects allow vegetables to stay fresh much longer! Stored in plastic bags, those same vegetables often end up as limp or slimy waste that gets thrown away.
So, with Vejibags, you can:
- Extend the life of your vegetables
- Reduce food waste
Save money with these effective, re-usable, machine washable, vegetable crisper bags. Easy instructions included on each bag.
Vejibags keep all kinds of humidity-loving vegetables fresh, crisp, and tasty much longer. See directions, below.
Here's a review of Vejibags, from The Farmer's Almanac:
-Jim Therriault, Keeping Veggies Fresh is in the Bag, The Old Farmer's Almanac, 5/7/2015
"Even fresh-picked veggies right from your own garden will start to deteriorate soon after they're harvested. And putting them in plastic bags only accelerates their demise. This is because produce biologically gives of ethylene gas; plastic bags trap this gas, which causes veggies to spoil faster.
Fortunately, there's a natural solution to this perplexing product problem -- the VejiBag...This ingenious item has been a godsend for the perishables side of our business."
Vejibags come in three sizes:
- VejiBAG Standard - 11" x 12"
- VejiBAG Large - 11" x 17"
- VejiBAG Extra Large - 14" x 17"
- Wet the Vejibag and wring it out well until it's just moist or damp (not dripping).
- Wash your vegetables and shake them well -- don't spin them or dry them.
- Put your vegetables in the bag.
- Fold the bag shut by pulling the flap over it.
- Put it in the refrigerator (anywhere, doesn't need to be in the vegetable drawer).
Now the vegetables have their own humid environment in your refrigerator to keep them fresh and crisp, and the natural spaces in the fabric allow the ethylene gas to escape. When trapped in a closed bag, ethylene gas is what makes vegetables rot prematurely and get slimy!
Vejibags are easy to pull from the fridge and they promote both high humidity and air flow to help keep vegetables crisp and fresh.
Can I store different vegetables in the same bag? Yes, definitely.
What about Herbs? Because they can be so delicate, fresh herbs are happiest when put directly inside the bag without washing first. Wash them just before you use them.
Great for these (and all) vegetables: Artichokes, Arugula, Beets, Bok Choy, Broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, Cabbage, Carrots, Cauliflower, Carrots (remove tops), Celery, Celeriac, Chard, Cucumbers, Fennel, Greens, Green Beans, Kale, Lettuce, Leeks, Parsnips, Radicchio, Radishes, Rhubarb, Rutabagas, Snap Peas, Spinach, Turnips, Zucchini, and more.
Your vegetables will stay crisp for 1-2 or up to 3 weeks in VejiBags!
Vejibags really work, because . . . science! (see explanation, above)
100% Organic Cotton
Grown & Sewn in the USA
Wash and remove any damaged spots or leaves before storing.
Keep your vegetables cold, just above 32 °F but under 40 °F.
- Vejibags can, but don't need to go in the vegetable drawer - they work on any shelf in your refrigerator.
Reusable Vegetable refrigerator Bag
Refrigerator crisper bag for vegetables - VejiBag
Cotton bag for veggies in refrigerator - VejiBag
Organic cotton bag to keep veggies fresh - VejiBag
Vegetable Storage Bags